Add Reply
New Poll

Shots Fired! Stars 31 - Hit Girls 28, Game Day 2 Recap | Interviews
CTN
 Posted: Apr 14 2018, 08:42 AM

SHOTS FIRED
4/13/2018 GAME DAY RECAP

user posted image
The Doctor & Venus review game 1 of the LFL regular season between the Los Angeles Stars and The Cincinnati Hit Girls

GAME DAY FINAL
HIT GIRLS 28 - STARS 31

“DOCTOR” JOHNNY FEVER: Game 2 is in the books and it was Cincy visiting the team that is quickly becoming the bane of the Hit Girls, the LA Stars. This game was another classic in this divisional rivalry, yet again decided by a single score. The first quarter was a defensive struggle that saw the Stars go up by a field goal. In the second quarter the Stars pulled ahead, going up 17 to 6 as Cincy relied on the kicking of Angie Vaughn to stay in the game. After halftime, Cincy came out firing and Kenzi Lacklan connected with Trixie for a touchdown and a successful 2-point conversion attempt that was called by Generic Heel to pull within 3 points. The fourth quarter was a shootout as both teams traded touchdowns with two from the Stars and Kenzi hitting the dependable Sativa Nevaeh for a score and Milisandre Crowthorne continuing her brilliant running this season as she broke loose for a 20 yard run to pay dirt with 1:15 left on the clock.

VENUS FLYTRAP: The Stars were looking to dink and dunk to run out the clock, but once again Angie Vaughn stepped up big and snatched down the second of her two interceptions which put the Hit Girls back in business, though deep in their own territory. Of course, who do you call when you need a big play to get you back on top? #69 Roxy Cotton! Roxy caught a lame duck 51 pass from Kenzi that put them on the Star’s side of the field. Hit Girls’ Stadium was rocking and it looked like they were about to pull it off. Coach did the right thing and dialed up Roxy’s number again and of course she was money as she made a beautiful catch at the pylon for the go-ahead score. Everyone thought that was the game, until she was unjustly flagged for offensive pass interference for a phantom punch that got her the separation she needed to make the catch!

“DOCTOR” JOHNNY FEVER: I’m not so sure it was a ‘phantom’ punch, the replay was clear. Regardless, that moved Cincy well out of field goal range and with seconds left to try to cash in, the Hit Girls made a final push. Sativa made a tough catch over the middle, only to get hit and separated from the ball with a brutal hit. A Star’s recovery would have sealed it, but Cartier was right there to recover the fumble and keep the drive alive! The ball was clocked with 2 seconds left to go and one last shot at the end zone. The crowd held their breath as Kenzi dropped back for one last shot and inexplicably Le Bord de Dieu missed a key block resulting in a Beth Taylor sack that ended yet another thrilling game!

VENUS FLYTRAP: Typical of Kenzi to get sacked at the worst possible time! Roxy played one of her best games, racking up 141 receiving yards in what should have been a sure win for us! Caity Dawson-Cruz said that she was a below average quarterback and she was 100% right! I don’t know what other evidence the team needs to get rid of her!

“DOCTOR” JOHNNY FEVER: Below average is a hell of a stretch Venus! 2 touchdowns and a 110.9 quarterback rating is pretty darn good! Let’s not overlook the fact, that for all intents and purposes, it looks like Bordy actually cleared the way for Kenzi to take that final sack…a sack that left her looking a bit lame after the devastating hit. We haven’t heard any word on her status, though she did leave the field under her own power.

VENUS FLYTRAP: All that means to me is that Millie Mack needs to be ready to step up as the backup QB and take that position from Kenzi, once and for all! Hey, I aint rooting for anyone to get hurt, but if I had to pick someone…that’s my pick! Cincy fans probably owe Bordy a debt of gratitude!

“DOCTOR” JOHNNY FEVER: This is probably the worst thing that you have ever said and I am going on the record here to say that I do not agree with it…AT ALL! Even in a loss, Kenzi had a very good game and she protected the football for 60 minutes, keeping Cincy in the fight for the entire game. If anyone needs to be looked at, it’s Bordy for possibly intentionally missing an easy block that got our quarterback crushed!

VENUS FLYTRAP: Say what you want…that’s how I see it and I am sticking by my opinions on this one!

“DOCTOR” JOHNNY FEVER: Regardless, Cincy is now once again in the basement of the division and though there is a lot more football left to play, the suspected injury to Kenzi may put them even further behind in a very tough division. Until next time, I am The Doctor…

VENUS FLYTRAP: …and I’m Venus…

“DOCTOR” JOHNNY FEVER: We will see you on the next Game Day when Cincy hosts the LA Blackout! See you then!

--------------------
PMEmail
^
CTN
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 07:34 AM

QUICK HITS

4/13/2018 GAME DAY INTERVIEW

F. Alexander Quinn interviews your favorite Hit Girls following game 2 against the Los Angeles Stars on 13 April 2018!

user posted image

FAQS: Angie, do you have some time to talk to me about your game with the LA Stars?

ANGIE VAUGHN: Totes! I mean obvs. I mean, wait, are you recording already? Oh, erm... Yes, sir!

FAQS: First of all, GREAT game by you in a tough loss. I can’t believe that you were snubbed out of Defensive Player of the Game honors! Three passes defended and two interceptions, not to mention being absolute money in the kicking game.

ANGIE VAUGHN: Thank you! I really AM quite happy with my own performance, but I would much rather have been a mediocre pawn in a victory, as the team performance always comes first. As for being snubbed, I don't think that's true, as Beth Taylor was a beast on the field and fully deserved it. But even though I got two interceptions, I'm especially happy I made two rather long field goals. I've missed way too many in my rookie season so I hope I can turn that around.

FAQS: Humble as always. You did about as well as you possibly could have on Game Day. I want you to be honest, what do you think was the reason for the loss against the Stars?

ANGIE VAUGHN: Our O-line has to improve. And I know I have a part to play in that. We don't always give Kenzi the time or freedom a QB needs to make big plays, so that's on us more than it is on her. And teebee aitch, there was a bit of an erm... suspicious collapse during one sack. But anyway, I don't want to talk down my team mates too much, we're all here to work hard, play hard and have fun. I think. One of them maybe not so much.

FAQS: Come on Ang, this is just between the two of us. Tell me who didn’t carry their load in that game.

ANGIE VAUGHN: I think we all did the best we could. It seemed to me at certain times like someone is trying to sabotage us from the inside out, but that's probably just me subconsciously looking for a way to explain our losses. I need to look inwards and focus on how *I* can improve, not play the blame game. That would be poor sportsmanship. And like my new good friend Cartier always says, "I ain't bout that life", or something.

FAQS: You continue to be nothing but a consummate professional Ms. Vaughn. Before I wrap up, where can your fans see you next?

ANGIE VAUGHN: You Gee Dub See Synergy! I have a bit of ground to make up there as well. Too bee aitch, thing haven't gone all that well for me lately on a professional level. BUT! Never too late to turn it around. Everybody hits rough patches from time to time, I guess. Gotta keep believing in myself. That's the only way forward. I have a lot of people who support me, so I can't let them down!

FAQS: Hey, rough patches or no, you’re still a champion! Thank you very much for sharing your time today!

ANGIE VAUGHN: No probz!

-FIN-

--------------------
PMEmail
^
CTN
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 04:33 PM

QUICK HITS

F. Alexander Quinn interviews your favorite Hit Girls following game 2 against the Los Angeles Stars on 13 April 2018!

user posted image

FAQS: Ms. Cotton! I’d love to interview you about the game with The Stars and the controversial penalty that took your game winning score off the boards.

ROXY COTTON: Well, okay. But I don't think I need to remind you that there was no penalty and the referee was just wrong. I think he might have been betting on the game.

FAQS: That is quite a charge, but the replay clearly showed you punching the defender before you got free and made that catch. Are you really telling everyone that was a legal play?

ROXY COTTON: That's what Coach Heel told me to do! Why would he tell me to do something if it was against the rules? This is just punishment and overreach from a league that doesn't want its players to be outspoken! It's a crooked system designed to keep the balance of power out of our hands. It's racist!

FAQS: That’s a hell of a charge! Especially the part you call racist. Errr...can I ask what the racist part is?

ROXY COTTON: I don't know bb that's just what Lavar told me. Big Baller Brand!

FAQS: Oh! That’s...weird. Anyway, it seems that you’ve taken to Coach Heel’s philosophy of being more aggressive; though your team is still 0 and 2. Are you sure that philosophy is worth it?

ROXY COTTON: We aren't 0-2 because of me. I was all over the field! I didn't fumble like Mil or lose 40 yards like Kenzi did. If I wasn't playing so hard we wouldn't have even been able to come as close as we did to winning! If everyone played as good as me and Angie then we'd be undefeated!

FAQS: You AND Angie?! You two seem to have sorted out your issues since the UGWC Trios Tournament. Can I ask how that change came about?

ROXY COTTON: Well I mean I knew she would eventually come to understand that I was right the whole time and she wasn't. She's like almost as smart as me, you know? Super smart. So it was only a matter of time and waiting for her to figure it out for herself. She knows she's my girl and that I'll always be there for her no matter what, and that definitely includes the LFL field. She's so good!

FAQS: Her play has been quite good; exceptional actually. Many felt she was robbed of Defensive Player of the Game honors.

ROXY COTTON: She was! Other than me, she was definitely the MVP of the game.

FAQS: That’s big of you to put her two interception performance over your 141 receiving yards.

ROXY COTTON: Well, right below it. That's what I meant. Which is still REALLY good!

FAQS: Before I let you go, I heard that LAW, the federation you are a champion in, is closing its doors. Do you have any plans for finding a new wrestling organization to call home?

ROXY COTTON: I have some irons in the fire. After Lord of Trios happened a while back, I was left sick for days because of the Court poisoning me and cheating to win. So for now I'm planning on getting some revenge on their... what does that one girl call them? Slopes? Yeah. Eden Morgan is a slope, and I'm going to ski her ass into the ground!

FAQS: Well, I’m sure the fans will be excited to see that! Maybe you’ll even be able to rally the Cool Kids! Is there anything you’d like to add before I let you go?

ROXY COTTON: Well I think I can for sure since I'm the leader. Ummmm... Buy my merchandise!

FAQS: Thank you very much Ms. Cotton, I think they all will!

ROXY COTTON: Yay!

-FIN-

--------------------
PMEmail
^
CTN
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 05:40 PM

QUICK HITS

user posted image

FAQS: Mrs. Lacklan, do you have time to talk about your game with The Stars? Don’t worry, I am fluent in French, so I can translate for our readers.

Aveline Lacklan: Le sigh.

Yes, Monsieur, I have time. And no, you will not need to translate. I suspect that you would do something stupid like use the Bing or Google translator and get everything wrong. I will lower myself to the level of you cows and use an inferior language.

FAQS: Gee, thanks! I think... First off, thanks for taking the time. I know you’ve been quite busy with things since the terrible accident at the homeless shelter a few days ago.

Aveline Lacklan: It has been difficult, but important work always is. And I have found a place for those effected to live not too far from their streets in Bangor.

FAQS: I’m sure you want to issue some sort of thanks to your Hit Girls teammates for donating the gate to assist in those people. You can do it now if you like.

Aveline Lacklan: All thanks in that regard go to our manager, Sidney Grey. She is one of the most beautiful people I have met in the last year, inside and out, and a fantastic mother. No doubt it was those superior maternal instincts which led her to champion my cause.

FAQS: Wow! I don’t think anyone had ever said that of Sid, ever! I know her daughter hasn’t. Leading me to my next question; people are saying that you intentionally missed a block on the last play of the game that resulted in Kenzi Grey taking a rather big hit. Please address that.

Aveline Lacklan: God works in mysterious ways. Sometimes He wants you to make a block. Sometimes He does not. Either way, perhaps the child should work on her evasion skills, if she is to be so fragile. It is no wonder why there is such a movement for a replacement.

FAQS: There are rumors that she was injured on the play. Are you meaning to say that you don’t feel responsible because it’s God’s will?

Aveline Lacklan: It would be blasphemous to take credit for His will, in either case. Still, I suppose it is a good thing the child retired from wrestling. Weak constitution and body, that one. I suppose a lifetime of drinking and whoring will do that to you.

FAQS: A few players on the team have expressed their displeasure with your judgmental attitude. Does it bother you that your teammates feel like they are under constant attack by you?

Aveline Lacklan: I care not if their feelings are hurt by the truth. As my husband is fond of saying, it is my job to hold up the mirror, and theirs to be shamed by their reflection. I am not bothered by their anger but by their refusal to change. Nearly all of them are whores and miscreants to their core, but I hold faith that I can bring them to the Path of Light.

Mind you, not everyone is terrible. Roxy has hope, if she would just marry Vinny already, and Coda is a lovely woman

FAQS: Where can the fans see you next?

Aveline Lacklan: Tonight in Chicago where I face Dave Rydell for UGWC. I am their Champion of Chaos and will defend my title at No Holds Barred next Monday.

FAQS: Well, best of luck to you Ma’am!

Aveline Lacklan: I do not need luck. I have Him

-FIN-

--------------------
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | eLFL News and Rumors | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll